Friday, April 17, 2009

It Finally Happened

I knew it was just a matter of time. As hard as I've been trying to follow my Ironman training plan, especially for the discipline part, I knew it was just going to be a matter of time before I blew off a swim or run in favor of a bike. Well, it happened yesterday. Indoor swim bye bye. Outdoor ride HELLO. And not even an inkling of guilt. Now that that first one is out of the way the rest will come even easier.

"Oh, I think I'll take a walk everyday now
the summer sun has show the way to be happy now
I just cant stay inside all day
I gotta get out get me some of those rays
everybody's smilin
sunshine day
everybody's laughin
sunshine day
everybody seems so happy today
it's a sunshine day

Cant you dig the sunshine
Love and sun are the same
Cant you hear him callin your name?"

-- Yup, it's the Brady Bunch people.

125 days ' till Ironman (that's 4 months and 3 days). Ooooooooooooooo shit!

2 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

The swim is just a warm up anyway, no biggie.....

MJ said...

Plenty of time....