Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finally a New Post

It's been a while since I posted but the new year is here and I guess it needs to start again.

I've been doing okay trying to keep myself in shape since the last post. Some running and biking both on the trainer and the occasional spin class. I finally started going back to master swim last night. I thought it went pretty well since I've probably have swam 3 or 4 times since the end of August. So I guess master swim 2 times a week, run 2 times a week, and find the bike somehow 2 times a week until I have a better training plan.

On a side note:
WTF!

"Like plum pudding, spotted dick is a baked pudding with primary ingredients of flour, currants, golden sugar, rum, and suet. Suet is traditionally made from raw beef fat, though vegetarians may take heart since suet can also be made from a combination of vegetable fats. Most often, however, suet in spotted dick is of the non-vegetarian variety. Spotted dick often has sweet spices added, like cinnamon and nutmeg. "

It's got RUM!

Or as a review on amazon.com says:
5.0 out of 5 stars This is the EVERY GOOD HOSTESS MUST HAVE for your cupboard, April 12, 2008
By Maggie C (Spokane,WA) - See all my reviews
Don't just giggle at the can- open it and eat it!
There is nothing more wonderful than Spotted Dick with lashings of custard and a good cup of strong tea with friends. YUM! I keep it in the cupboard and am ready for friends and tea at a moment's notice. This is a rich sponge cake with currents and savory rich tones of brown sugar. The chocolate and sticky Toffee and Treacle are all good too - when you can get them.

I know the name seems a bit naughty--it just adds to the fun of offering some cultural engagement to our wonderful world. I do slip it into gifts and offer to bring dessert to friends. BUT I also love this line of products for the QUALITY


Or in my case I NEED A CAN JUST TO SIT ON MY DESK AT WORK!

Also:
"Some concern about the name of spotted dick has been expressed because of the use of the term as a curse word. In some places one may see spotted dick offered as spotted Richard or spotted dog."

Uh, duh. Let's review the facts: It's called SPOTTED DICK people!

Like I said WTF! What would we do without the British?

Coming soon: Pics of my bike. Why? Because I want to. And it's way prettier than I am and we'll be spending lots of time together.

234 days 'till Ironman. Oh Shit!

No comments: